Tier II Technician
About the Job
DTC, Inc. is a well-established IT service provider for dental and medical practices in the Mid-Atlantic region. Recent growth has prompted us to expand our technician team, and we are looking for ideal candidates to fill a full-time Tier II Technician role based out of our Hunt Valley, MD office. This position will be on the front line of the customer technical experience, responsible for providing our customers with high quality telephone, web based, and on-site support. Technical issues that cannot be resolved by Tier I will be escalated to this position. Strong communications skills and a friendly demeanor are a must, in addition to stellar technical diagnostic skills.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Troubleshoot, repair, and configure core computer network components. Resolve technical problems with Local Area Networks (LAN), Wide Area Networks (WAN), and other systems. Provide technical assistance and support for incoming queries and issues related to computer systems, software, and hardware.
- Work one on one with clients to find quick resolutions to difficult and easy problems, all while delivering excellent customer service and valuing the customer. Travel to client offices if necessary to resolve problems that cannot be resolved over the phone. Follow up with customers to ensure issue has been resolved.
- Employ RMM (ConnectWise Automate) to remotely and proactively monitor client endpoints, networks, and computers. Run reports to identify recurring problems. Maintain daily performance of computer systems.
- Install computer peripherals for users and provide application support.
- Install, configure, and troubleshoot firewalls (SonicWall) and wireless routers (Ubiquiti). Install and configure antivirus software on desktops and servers. Install VOIP (Freedom Voice and Weave) systems and provide training. Create and troubleshoot image and file-based backups (Cloudberry).
- Write training manuals. Work with team to develop new strategies and procedures.
- Perform other technical duties under minimal supervision as needed or required to support the efforts of the technician team.
Qualifications & Skills
- Understanding of Windows based networks including servers, workstations, and core networking concepts
- Understanding of routers, switches, firewalls, and other basic networking equipment, specifically related to installation and troubleshooting.
- Understanding of printers, scanners, and other standard IT peripherals, specifically related to installation and troubleshooting.
- Experience with Microsoft Office
- Experience with ConnectWise and/or LabTech
- Understand workstation and server operating systems. This includes Windows 7, 8, and 10 along with Server 2008 R2 and Server 2012 R2. Examples include:
- Configure and troubleshoot shared drives and resources such as printers.
- Configure and troubleshoot user accounts and file permissions.
- Configure and troubleshoot software installations.
- Configure and troubleshoot Active Directory environments.
- Configure and troubleshoot RAID configurations.
- Understand network devices along with standard troubleshoot. This includes routers, switches, firewalls, printers, and any IP connected devices. Examples include:
- Configure and troubleshoot internet connections.
- Configure and troubleshoot local network.
- Configure and troubleshoot basic firewall functionality.
- Configure and troubleshoot printers and other IP connected devices.
- Understand common Anti-Virus technical issues, including:
- Configure and troubleshoot installation.
- Configure and troubleshoot Exclusions and Quarantined files.
- Understand common backup technologies and methodologies
- Technical awareness: ability to match resources to technical issues appropriately
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to maintain professionalism in challenging situations
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work with technical teams and internal teams to ensure client success
- Typing skills to ensure quick and accurate entry of service request details
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast-moving environment
- Ability to keep up on necessary ongoing industry related training
Education: High school education or equivalent, with engineering or computing focus if applicable. Some relevant college or tech school preferable.
Experience: Minimum 2 years work experience in a call center environment in TSR position or IT related background.
This position may require travel to client offices, as well as some Saturday hours.
Full-time benefits. DTC offers a competitive compensation package. If you have the required experience & skills to succeed and seek a challenging opportunity in a growing company with a unique corporate culture, please send resume and salary requirements using the form below. NOTE: No phone calls please.