Tier III Support Engineer
About the Job
DTC, Inc. is a well-established IT service provider for dental and medical practices in the Mid-Atlantic region. Recent growth has prompted us to expand our technician team, and we are looking for ideal candidates to fill a full-time Tier III Support Engineer role based out of our Hunt Valley, MD office. Tier III engineers are the final escalation point for the help desk team and must be capable of troubleshooting and resolving the most difficult and complicated issues. The Tier III Engineer is the escalation point for technical support issues globally. This position works closely with Sales, Account Management, and the leadership team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Day to day activities require the Tier III Support Engineer to work closely with other help desk personnel and to assist with tickets that they cannot resolve. This will require the person to coach and train the help desk personnel on how the problem was resolved so they continue to develop in their career path. Server alarms and emergencies will automatically go to the Tier III position to handle and process. This will require updating the ticket, documenting and communicating with the customer. Tier III techs also make local visits to high profile accounts or on-site escalations that have not or cannot be handled by local personnel. Approximately 25% to 50% of your time may be working on-site at customer facilities.
Qualification and Skills
- Must have in-depth knowledge of various Microsoft Windows Operating systems, MS SQL database, LAN/WAN Networking and IT Network Operations experience.
- Ability to logically troubleshoot software issues to determine the root cause and present suggested work-arounds and solutions.
- Experience utilizing debugging tools and lab simulations to analyze problems and identify solutions.
- Understanding of Windows based networks including servers, workstations, and core networking concepts
- Understanding of server/workstation hardware components, installation and configuration
- Working knowledge of virtual technologies including Hyper-V and ESXi
- Experience of Active Directory, DNS and Windows networks.
- Understanding of routers, switches, firewalls, and other basic networking equipment, specifically related to installation and troubleshooting.
- VPN Understanding and experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Understand workstation and server operating systems. This includes Windows 8 and 10 along with Server 2008 R2 and Server 2012 R2.
- Understand network devices along with standard troubleshoot. This includes routers, switches, firewalls, printers, and any IP connected devices.
- Experience with Microsoft Office
- Experience with ConnectWise and/or LabTech
- Experience with backup technologies and methodologies
- Ability to maintain professionalism in challenging situations
- Excellent organizational skills
- Proven call center support experience as well as exhibiting professional client facing skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment independently and meet aggressive deadlines
- Ability to work independently, self-starter
- Ability to work with technical teams and internal teams to ensure client success
- Constantly look for ways to improve service delivery and low call duration rates
- Ability to keep up on necessary ongoing industry related training
Education: Degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering, or a minimum of 5 years of experience in providing call center technical support for local area networks
Experience: 2+ years of experience working on Tier II and/or Tier III tickets in a customer facing environment
This position requires approximately 25-50% of time spent on-site at client offices.
Full-time benefits. DTC offers a competitive compensation package. If you have the required experience & skills to succeed and seek a challenging opportunity in a growing company with a unique corporate culture, please send resume and salary requirements using the form below. NOTE: No phone calls please.