Tier I Technician
About the Job
DTC, Inc. is a well-established IT service provider for dental and medical practices in the Mid-Atlantic region. Recent growth has prompted us to expand our technician team, and we are looking for ideal candidates to fill a full-time Tier I Technician role for remote work in the Northern VA/Washington DC area. This position will be on the front line of the customer technical experience, responsible for providing our customers with high quality telephone, web based, and on-site support. Strong communications skills and a friendly demeanor are a must, in addition to stellar technical diagnostic skills.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Troubleshoot, repair, and configure core computer network components
- Install computer peripherals for users
- Provide technical assistance and support for incoming queries and issues related to computer systems, software, and hardware
- Respond to queries either in person or over the phone
- Respond to email messages for customers seeking help
- Ask questions to determine nature of problem
- Train computer users
- Maintain daily performance of computer systems
- Walk customer through problem-solving process
- Follow up with customers to ensure issue has been resolved
- Document work and procedures
- Gain feedback from customers about computer usage
- Run reports to identify recurring problems
- Install, configure, and troubleshoot firewalls (SonicWall) and wireless routers (Ubiquiti)
- VOIP (Freedom Voice and Weave) installation and training
- Employ RMM (ConnectWise Automate) to remotely and proactively monitor client endpoints, networks and computers
- Install and configure antivirus software on desktop and servers
- Create and troubleshoot image and file based backups (Cloudberry)
- Work with team to develop new strategies and procedures
- Resolve technical problems with Local Area Networks (LAN), Wide Area Networks (WAN), and other systems
Qualifications & Skills
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Interpersonal skills, such as telephony skills, communication skills, active listening, and customer-care
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes quickly
- Typing skills to ensure quick and accurate entry of service request details
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast-moving environment
- Ability to keep up on necessary ongoing industry related training
- Knowledge of ConnectWise software and ability to demonstrate ConnectWise Software
- Must have the ability to regularly lift, move and carry computer equipment weighing up to 75 lbs. Use of common powers tools and climbing of ladders is required.
Education: College degree or equivalent experience in IT preferred.
This position requires approximately 50% of time spent at client offices, as well as some Saturday hours.
Full-time benefits. DTC offers a competitive compensation package. If you have the required experience & skills to succeed and seek a challenging opportunity in a growing company with a unique corporate culture, please send resume and salary requirements using the form below. NOTE: No phone calls please.