Tier I Technician
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Troubleshoot, repair, and configure basic computer systems. Resolve technical problems with printers/scanners and computers. Provide technical assistance and support for incoming queries and issues related to computer systems, software, and hardware.
- Work one on one with clients to find quick resolutions to easy-moderate issues, all while delivering excellent customer service and valuing the customer. Follow up with customers to ensure issue has been resolved.
- Employ RMM (ConnectWise Automate) and remotely and proactively monitor client endpoints, networks, and computers. Run reports to identify recurring problems. Maintain daily performance of computer systems.
- Install computer peripherals for users and provide application support.
- Install, configure, and troubleshoot firewalls and wireless routers. Install and configure antivirus software on desktops and servers. Create and troubleshoot image and file-based backups.
Qualifications & Skills
- Understanding of Windows based operating systems
- Understanding of printers, scanners, and other standard IT peripherals, specifically related to installation, and troubleshooting.
- Experience with Microsoft Office
- Understand common Anti-Virus technical issues, including:
- Configure and troubleshoot installation.
- Configure and troubleshoot Exclusions and Quarantined files.
- Understand common backup technologies and methodologies.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to demonstrate troubleshooting process.
- Ability to maintain professionalism in challenging situations.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work with technical teams and internal teams to ensure client success.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast-moving environment.
- Ability to keep up on necessary ongoing industry related training.
- Teachable, ready to learn, good work ethic and great attitude!
Candidates with MSP/CSP experience will be given special consideration
Education: High school education or equivalent, with engineering or computing focus if applicable. Some relevant college or tech school preferable.
Experience: Minimum 2 years work experience in a call center environment in TSR position or IT related background.
NOTE: No phone calls please.