The Power of a Managed Service Provider (MSP) in Today’s World
What is a Managed Service Provider (MSP)?
As technology continues to rapidly grow & evolve, many businesses are finding it harder to keep up with the constant advancement of today’s technological world. As technology continues to change, it can be believed that a few challenging obstacles may arise if your business is unsure about its IT infrastructure. Making the switch to a more technological way of storing data, protecting your information with network and endpoint security, and fighting off cyber threats that may try to attack your business, can require more than you might expect!
Ask yourself: what happens when an IT problem arises? What if our system goes down due to a power outage? What if we can’t access certain files, and daily operations comes to a halt? How long will it take for our data to recover? If you have a business, or plan on starting one, it is imperative that you take the right steps to ensure that your operations run as smoothly as possible.
This is where an MSP comes into play! An MSP, also known as a Managed Service Provider, is an organization who can access, manage, and control services for an outside business. In regard to Information Technology, MSPs have the ability to manage your organizations information technology (IT) infrastructure installation & management, security, network, applications, and end-user systems – and they are able to do it remotely. No more in-house IT! A managed Service Provider typically provides businesses with peace of mind, as they manage one or more areas of your business to ensure that day-to-day operations are running smoothly. Managed Service Providers not only operate in IT; they can also be used to perform a company’s payroll, HR, recruitment, and other business processes that need outside assistance.
We know what you might be thinking: this probably costs a fortune! However, a Managed Service Provider is traditionally quite cost effective. Your business will be able to save on hiring, and managing, an in-house “expert” to run the same processes that an MSP would be able to. You also wouldn’t have to worry about getting access to the latest technologies, applications, software updates, etc. – they have that covered to! And when a disaster strikes? They are already on it with 24/7 monitoring & alerting.
Key Benefits of Partnering with a Managed Service Provider (MSP)
Choosing a Managed Service Provider that is right for your business can be crucial for your daily operations to remain well…operational. We understand that you’re running a business and don’t have extra time to spare on making sure you have a disaster recovery plan or a cybersecurity strategy in place, or making sure that all the software applications are up to date, and firewalls have been installed.
However, if you’re still on the fence, here are six benefits of having a committed MSP (IT service provider) on your side:
- Lower Technology Costs: they will ensure you have the best, and cost-effective, technology for your business with the most up to date applications and software.
- Efficient Delivery of IT Services: MSPs have the ability to be on site AND remote. So, if you need an IT problem checked in person or need someone to remote into your computer to change a program, they can do it!
- Experienced Talent: MSPs consists of many certified team members who are highly skilled in their field. When a need arises in your IT infrastructure, they will be right there with their quick & efficient problem solving.
- Ability to Scale: MSPs provide your business with the ability to scale your IT infrastructure up or down. They will be able to help your business determine where the holes are in your infrastructure and aide you in the right direction of patching them!
- Knowledge & Application: We know that you’re running a business, so we don’t expect you to stay up to date on the latest and greatest technology trends. However, MSPs do! They will have the knowledge about emerging technology and when certain items are coming to their end of life. For example, if your business has unknowingly had the same outdated server for 7 years, they will encourage you to replace it with another option that will properly serve your business needs.
- Future-Forward: MSPs are experts in constantly keeping up with future technology trends. They will stay in the know and submit technological updates to ensure your business runs smoothly so that you don’t have to!
We understand that finding a Managed Service Provider that suits your business needs may seem a bit daunting, but it doesn’t have to be! Managed Service Providers will do all the heavy lifting for you – finding holes within your IT infrastructure, improving processes until they become & remain efficient, maximizing resources and reducing costs, and so much more.
Assessing Your Business Needs Before Partnering with an MSP
Before reaching out to a Managed Service Provider, we encourage you to assess the needs of your business and decide on a budget – ask yourself: does my business have a disaster recovery plan in place when it comes to our data and devices? Does my business have a backup of all of its data in case of a power outage? Does my business have a cybersecurity strategy in case of a cyber threat? Where is my data stored, is it protected with multiple layers of security? Do I have the time to make sure my business’s IT is up to date, or would it more cost-effective for an expert to manage it for me?
If the answers to those questions aren’t necessarily in your organizations favor, then it’s time to consider a Managed Service Provider! Once you have decided to move forward with hiring an MSP, we encourage you to research their performance. Reach out to them to schedule a call with their team and see if they feel like a good fit for your company! At the end of the day, your business’ time is valuable, and you shouldn’t let your IT infrastructure hold your operations back! If you’re still not sure where to start, that’s okay! Feel free to reach out to one of our DTC IT Experts today.
We have been in the Managed Service Provider world for over 20 years and are more than happy to provide any assistance & help answer any questions you may have about your business’s IT infrastructure. You can reach us at 410.877.3625 or send us an email to [email protected]. Remember, as technology continues to rapidly grow & evolve, many businesses are finding it harder to keep up with the constant advancement of today’s technological world. Don’t let this be you!
Again, what happens to my business when an IT problem arises…?